Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I have a new book!

I went and bought myself the book, "Keys to Drawing," by Bert Dodson, even after I said I would till after Christmas. However, I couldn't wait. I wanted to get started on these techniques ASAP! Things were a bit slower at work today and so I tried to draw my hands....didn't work out so well. Tonight I tried drawing my feet, things don't look so great.

In this book the author talks about restating your lines and drawing blind, both of which I tried to do in each of these sketches. All I have to say, is it's a lot harder that it would seem. I am definitely going to need some time to get use to these techniques and make sure I am asking myself the right questions as I draw. 

Here are the sketches, let me know what you think:


No comments:

Post a Comment